What is Commercial Trucking Insurance?
Regardless of whether they’re delivering packages around a city or hauling cargo around the country, commercial trucking companies are exposed to multiple potential risks. Commercial trucking insurance helps trucking companies in Massachusetts shield themselves from many of the risks they face.
Commercial trucking insurance is a specialized form of commercial insurance that has been developed to meet the risk mitigation needs of companies that move cargo. Policies are generally available for everything from small box trucks to semis that pull multiple trailers.
What Businesses in Massachusetts Need Commercial Truck Insurance?
Most businesses in Massachusetts that operate trucks should have commercial truck insurance. This usually includes (but isn’t limited to):
- Transportation companies that run tractor-trailers
- Caul transport companies and car haulers
- Waste disposal contractors with garbage and recycling trucks
- Contractors with commercial pickup and dump trucks
- Moving companies and delivery services with trucks
- Farms and co-ops with box trucks
Businesses that are unsure whether this or another form of insurance is right for the vehicles they use should speak with an insurance agent who specializes in commercial truck insurance. A knowledgeable agent will be able to determine whether this is the most important type of policy based on a business’ particular situation.