What is Dance Studio Insurance?
Establishing a dance studio requires a substantial investment of both time and money, and the resources that are poured into this type of business ought to be protected whenever possible. Dance studio insurance helps studios in Massachusetts shield themselves from a variety of covered risks.
Dance studio insurance is a specialized kind of commercial insurance that’s tailored to meet the unique needs of dance studios. Most of these policies are written as package policies, which means they have multiple coverages within them.
What Businesses in Massachusetts Need Dance Class Insurance?
Broadly speaking, the majority of dance class programs and dance studios in Massachusetts can benefit from the protections afforded by this type of insurance. These businesses include both programs that rent space as needed and studios that have a more permanent facility.
What Coverages Does Dance Class Insurance Make Available?
As mentioned, dance class insurance policies normally come with several protections. Some of the coverages that a given policy might offer include the following:
- General Liability Coverage, which may cover common accidents resulting in injury or property damage
- Professional Liability Coverage, which may cover errors that instructors make while teaching
- Sexual Abuse and Molestation Liability Coverage, which may cover accusations of inappropriate conduct by employees
- Medical Payments for Participants Coverage, which may cover injuries that participants’ sustain during classes or performances
- Business Property Coverage, which may cover business-owned buildings and contents kept in them
In addition to these protections, studios might also want coverage for private events like birthday parties.
An insurance agent who specializes in this type of commercial insurance can help studios select the coverages that are right for them. Which make sense for any given dance business depends on that business' particular situation.