What is Pollution Liability Insurance?
For Massachusetts businesses that use chemicals within their regular operations, the potential of environmental contamination must be considered. The financial consequences could be financially devastating if a chemical were to leach or leak, unless a business has pollution liability insurance that covers the incident.
Pollution liability insurance is specialized commercial liability insurance that uniquely protects against chemical- and pollutant-related risks. Because the insurance is so specialized, it’s important to work with an agent who’s experienced with these types of policies when looking for coverage.
What Massachusetts Businesses Should Have Pollution Insurance?
Many businesses that use chemicals could potentially benefit from the protections that pollution insurance provides. The following are merely some examples of Massachusetts businesses that might want to carry this coverage:
- Gas stations, which may have tanks of gasoline, diesel fuel and DEF
- Fuel Suppliers, which may transport gasoline, diesel, heating oil or other fuels
- Manufacturers, which may use chemical solvents during production
- Contractors, which may use chemical-treated materials when building
- Auto Repair Shops, which may use motor oils, coolants and other fluids
- Pool Service Providers, which may use chlorine, shock treatments and stabilizers
- Landscapers, which may use pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers